Tuesday 11 June 2013

Day 7

Michael departed, and I went to the site to meet with serge in order to finish the digging. I was happy to find out that the digging is not manually, but will be done with a digger. This way The digging is much more efficient and takes little time.


The digger lifts up the soil and pours it close to the installation in order to cover the basis of the installation. However, in order to build the tunnel close to the installation , we use a shovel.











On my request, we started to cover up part of the ground with the top layer we have kept aside, while digging. However, it doesn't seem to be sufficient, so I start collecting a few dry herbs and place them on the top of the brown soil. Serge calms me down by saying that considering the high humidity, the soil will be covered in green within a week.  


We finish the work in two hours. The installation is ready. I was having a hard time comprehending this work has come to an end. Meanwhile I stay there and tried to capture it on camera. 











































No comments:

Post a Comment